Monday, 20 January 2014

What is a better terms of measurement GDP or PPP?

Question by Pakistani Women are Beautiful.: What is a better terms of measurement GDP or PPP? Hello. I am from Pakistan, and I would like to know which is a better term of measurement? If I wanted to compare a one country's wealth to another which should I look at the GDP according to the PPP or at the nominal GDP? Why are there two ways to look measure how rich a country is instead of a single standard? Pakistan is ranked 47th GDP wise, but 26th PPP wise. Which is more accurate? Thank you.

Best answer:

Answer by SDD
They are both "accurate" in the sense that they measure what they measure. PPP purports to take into account the differences in how people spend money and the local costs.

Add your own answer in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment