Tuesday, 24 September 2013

Q&A: Is Dominican Republic an exotic place to visit? Is it beautiful? how are the people there?

Question by Katie: Is Dominican Republic an exotic place to visit? Is it beautiful? how are the people there? s Dominican Republic an exotic place to visit? Is it beautiful? how are the people there? I am planning on going to Dominican Republic, but I don't know If its a very special place. Please answer these following questions and if you've been there can you please tell me about it? I'll appreciate it! ^^

Best answer:

Answer by Stiff Rod
I went to the Dominican Republic one time for about 3 weeks and this is what I observed. The people do not speak English at all and the ones that speak English do not speak English very good. The people expect you to give them money and they will get rude with you if you do not give it to them. If you give them money for let's say giving you verbal directions they will become rude and demand more and say what you gave them is not enough. I am a guy and I thought the women were rude. Nearly every woman that I met there seems to be a prostitute and since I did not indicate that I would sleep with them they were bitterly rude. The country has a lot of crime and I would bet my last dollar that every single government official is over their head in corruption. An example would be an American tourist goes to the DR for a vacation. As he is leaving the country he is stopped at the airport and drugs are found in his bags. The police tell him to give them $ 1,000 or they will arrest him for drug trafficking. The tourist does not have the money so they arrest him and throw him into a dirty jail cell crawling with bugs and roaches. The American Embassy does little to help. He goes to court and is found guilty by a judge that has a good feeling that the guy was probably framed. The American appeals the case but looses. The mans family sells a house and gives it to the Dominican justice system and is allowed to leave the country 5 years after he had been arrested. Every Dominican from the President of the country all the way down to the beggar in the streets "knew" that the American was framed but did not care and the jurors found him guilty anyway. That is a "typical" Dominican. That scenario happens all the time in the DR also not always to Americans but to people from all over the world that visit the DR. During my stay there it was my impression that the police were about as dirty as dirty cops can get. It can be a good place to visit but you are screwed if you become the victim of organized crime.

Give your answer to this question below!

No comments:

Post a Comment